The Second Annual Grown-Up Science Fair (GUSF) is nearly here, and we hope you are as excited as we are to take part in it! The event will be held at The Rivoli (334 Queen St. W) at 8pm on May 9, as part of the Toronto Scientific Community’s open house party, Science Rendezvous.
With generous contributions from innovative law firm Gilbert’s LLP, the Treehouse Group will be using GUSF as an opportunity to explore science in decidedly non-traditional ways, through music, arts & crafts, drama, and games. You’ll get the chance to meet a wide variety of people from across the city, test your knowledge, and exchange ideas. Witness the exploding volcano, participate in interactive science experiments, and check out some science class overheads from the 1960s.
- Meet Steve Mann, U of T’s resident cyborg;
- Have a great idea you’d like to develop? Compete to win a consultation with a patent lawyer from Gilbert’s LLP;
- Play periodic table twister;
- Test your knowledge against a(n imaginary) 8th grader with our science test!
- Play pool with scientists and volunteers from Let’s Talk Science, who will be upstairs from 6pm until 8 pm;
- Join us for the GUSF after-party in the Rivoli back room with live DJs from 11:30 pm until close.